Monday 30 April 2012

Background Pattern for Assignment 2

BACKGROUND

For the background I chose to 'define pattern' and 'fill' the page with a mirror repeat pattern from the most common part of the Chilli Plant, the leaf. I chose a rectangle from my images, adjusted the hue and saturation to brighten/spice up the colour scheme.


After manually creating a mirror repeat, I selected a square, defined pattern, and filled the page and ended up with the above pattern. I chose this for the background as it seemed less dominating than the second pattern.


After many tries, I managed to form this second pattern, though the darker green 'striped' sections stood out too much, this pattern almost becoming too dominant. Hence my choice for the first pattern.


This third pattern, although i find interesting and like, to me it loses the 'leaf veiny' look. Distorted so much that it becomes an interesting pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment